Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lip Art


Hi everyone!
I was inspired weeks back by Erica Gia (@Eka_Gia on instagram) who is effing AMAZING!  I don’t usually wear lipstick because I never like the way it comes out, but her lip designs are so unique, creative & beautiful that I had to give her style a try. 

***Photo taken from @eka_gia instagram***


My first attempt was not great haha.

I wanted a black lip(kinda like the one bottom left in the photo above) with liquid copper..


Products
NYX JEP Black Bean
MAC: Wonder Woman Glitter (L/E) & Copper Pigment
Corn Syrup (Yes, corn syrup lol)

Using the NYX JEP in Black bean was a TERRIBLE idea!   I hated the texture; it felt like it was just melting off; I couldn't get a nice, clean line all the way around my lips & it was just all around gross!  And the liquid copper just didn’t come out the way I wanted.

The second styleI really, really liked (because it was just normal lipstick haha).


Prodcuts
MAC: Concealer, Toxic Tale, Viva Glam Gaga & Cherry Lip pencil
Victorian Disco Cosmetics: Skywalker as a highlight

Lastly, I wanted to try Erica’s liquefied lippies again, so I added to my pink lips the mix of MAC’s copper pigment & corn syrup.

Prodcuts
MAC: Concealer, Toxic Tale, Viva Glam Gaga, Cherry Lip pencil & Copper Pigment
Victorian Disco Cosmetics: Skywalker as a highlight
Corn Syrup

Here are some uninterrupted photos of this look:




I was really pleased with this final look.  It’s not quite up to par with Erica’s & I definitely need some practice with my lipstick application, but I had a ton of fun creating these styles.  This has definitely turned my addiction from shadows to lipsticks & pencils, so look out for some new lippie looks!

How do you style your lippies??

2 comments:

  1. pretty dope & avant garde!!! awesome inspiration and you did a great job :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! It was a lot of fun putting together too!

      Delete