Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lime Crime Snow White Inspired Contest: Evil Queen


       Hey everyone!
I was reading through my blog subscriptions at work yesterday like I do every morning & I discovered that Lime Crime was hosting a makeup contest inspired by Snow White.  I was super excited because I’ve always wanted to try LC products, but they are WAY too overpriced for me, so I love that I have the opportunity to try and compete for some.  This is going to be a super long post (both text & pics) so you may just want to skim through the pics, but if you want to see step-by-step of the eye makeup keep reading!
       The look I came up with was inspired by the Disney version of the Evil Queen because I’ve really been diggin’ purple lately.  Before I actually pulled out my cosmetics, I decided to come up with a design on a face chart & this is what I created:


I liked the concept, but it’s really similar to the way I wear my makeup everyday, so I threw some jagged lines across the cheeks for some character, but still didn’t know how I felt about them
This was the end result when I brought the look to life.



Innitially I only had the black outlining my face and neck, but my sister was the one who suggested I outline the black with gold & make it “represent” the queen’s crown I guess you could say.
And this is how I did my eyes:

First I primed my lid with urban decay primer potion, set it with press powder & applied #NYX shadow base in white


Then I applied sugarpill press shadow in dollipop to the lower half of the lid


Next I applied sugarpill poisonplum on top of dollipop



I took bobbi brown charcoal & darkened outter-v


Outlined where I wanted to cut my crease applied NYX JEP in #blackbean to lower lashline & #NYC white liner to waterline


Went over the harsh crease line with a fluffy brush & charcoal & blended it up with poison plum & highlighted browbone with sugarpill tako.  I also smudged the lower lash line with poison plum & then dollipop


I added NYX JEP in Cottage cheese then urban decay verve & pistol to inner corner


NYC liquid liner kiss lashes 05 &mascara 

Lined lips with urban decay 24/7 glide on pencil in zero blended it inward with Kat Von D lipstick in homegirl and smudged it with MAC magenta lip pencil & blended that inward with #MUFE #C16



And here are a few more pictures of the final look:




Face & Chest
- NYX cream blush (don’t remember the shad right now but will update)
-  Revlon Colorstay foundation
-        BH Cosmetics contour set
-        Wolfe hydrocolor black
-        Sugarpill
o  Goldilux
o  Poison plum
o  dollipop
I hope you guys enjoyed this post, I know it was a LOT to read.  Let me know what you guys think!
And don't forget to vote for my celeb inspired look on makeupbee! The link is on the sidebar :)

Sidenote, I'm such a bonehead & spelled "CRIME" wrong on my entry.  Take a look, FML.


lol woops!

5 comments:

  1. THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!! It looks way better in person than your drawing! I can totally see the Snow White inspiration but yet, still have a sexy vampiness to it!! G'LUCK!!!!

    Tina
    http://officialstinad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting my blog hun. Love you blog your so talented.
    Now following.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave you the one lovely blog award. check out the post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun! That's so exciting!!!! :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much ladies!! Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I'll make it to the top 16 tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete