Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ocean Gradient

My creative juices haven't really been flowin' since summer classes started, so I kinda forced myself to sit in front of the mirror, but I'm glad I did.  I knew I wanted to use blue, but blue shadows can go disastrous really fast & you can end up looking like this:
Haha!

And I also knew I wanted to do a gradient look.  I haven't done one in a while since I started experimenting with cut creases, so I thought I'd go just for it.  And this is the look i created:
I was inspired by a diagram I saw in California  illustrating the depth of the water in La Jolla Cove using a color gradient of blues.  The deepest parts were deep, dark shades of blue & the shallower areas were lighter, crystal-like shades of blue & green.  From the cliffs you could actually see the differences in shade with depth & it was gorgeous!

I took step-by-step pictures of this one so I could give you guys another tutorial.  Someone requested on my Twitter that I start a Youtube channel, but I'm soOo camera shy, it would just be super awkward for everyone lol.

First I did my brows, primed my eyes with UD Primer Potion & applied tape to outer corner to ensure a sharp line.
Next I applied Wet'n'Wild eyeliner in white as a base & put Sugarpill's Tako over that.
Then I started with my outer-V applying MAC's Night Owl (L/E) with a pencil brush 
Next to that I applied Sugarpill's Afterparty
Then UD's Alice (Alive in Wonderland Palette L/E)
And then Bobbi Brown's loose shadow in aquamarine to the inner corner using Sally Girl glitter adhesive.
I started to blend out any harsh lines & added night owl & aquamarine to the lower lash line.
And even more blending until I had a smokey effect.
Then I removed the tape
Cleaned up the mess, added NYX JEP in Black Bean to upper lash line, Maybelline One-by-One mascara & Elf lashes #20312


Products
Face
A mixture of Revlon Colorstay in 400 Caramel & MAC pro longwear in nc40
MAC shell as a highlighter
BH Cosmetics Contour kit
NYC: Cream blush in Hot pink cb08
MAC: Marine Life (L/E)

Lips
NYX Pink Rose (I didn't see this shade on their site, it may have been discontinued)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Portable wax warmer and Digital wax warmer. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic.Com and Miami Beauty Supply websites.

    ReplyDelete