Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Vice 2

Hello everyone & welcome to pt.1 of my UD Holiday review!



The Vice 2 palette is Urban Decay's big star this holiday season.  With 20 new, beautiful (& limited edition shades) & a duel ended brush, this palette is a MUST.  


I never owned the original Vice palette, so I can't compare the two, but what I can say about this one at first glance is I love the packaging.  The case is a lightweight, & sturdy plastic & although it is a large palette  it's not as bulky & heavy as the BoS UD has carried in the past.  What I love most about it is the design; the company uses a technique similar to water marbling to create it, so no two palettes are exactly the same.   


My second favorite thing about the palette is that there is a variety of finishes.  With the UD palettes I've owned in the past (with the exception of the Naked lineup) there are almost never any matte shadows in them.  As much as I love shimmer & glitter, I like to be able to achieve a complete look with just one palette, which for me is difficult without at least one matte shade.  

Onto the swatches: 
(Top: Swatched over UD Primer Potion, Bottom: Swatched without primer)






You can see how pigmented these shadows are even without the primer & they appear almost exactly as vibrant on as they do in the pan.

The formula is UD's Pigment Infusion System, providing some of the velvetiest, most easily bendable shadows out there.  I know a LOT of people will think that the $59 price tag is a bit steep, BUT you're getting 20 shadows AND two brushes & this palette will last you forever!  I still haven't used up my Alice in Wonderland palette from years ago.  

Packaging:
Pigmentation:
Longevity:
Price:

No comments:

Post a Comment